DRAFT: Tree Seedling Production System Powered by Hydrogen for Mass Reforestation
Preliminary DRAFT: Tree Seedling Production System Powered by Hydrogen for Mass Reforestation
A solution that can be scaled globally to produce many billions of tree seedlings
by Paul Stevers, Co-founder
Climate Solutions Advancement Network (ClimateSAN)
- Hydrogen Production from Oil and Gas Fields Without CO2 Emissions by Proton Technologies.
- Bioprism Advanced Vertical Farmby Wild + Pine.
Demand for Seedlings:
The demand for tree seedlings is in the many billions – countries and organizations around the world have committed to planting many billions of trees. For example:
1) The Guardian: Research shows a trillion trees could be planted to capture huge amount of carbon dioxide by Damian Carrington, Environment editor, 4 Jul 2019
3) The Bonn Challenge is a global goal to bring 150 million hectares of degraded and deforested landscapes into restoration by 2020 and 350 million hectares by 2030.
4) National Geographic: Planting trees helps fight climate change—but we need billions more seedlings, March 2, 2021
5) Fast Company: There’s a surprising wrinkle in the quest to plant 68 billion trees, 03-05-21
6) Wired article: Reforestation Is Great! But We’re Running Out of Seeds, 04.06.2021
7) SmithsonianMag: To Fight Climate Change With Trees, America Needs More Seedlings, APRIL 8, 2021