Selected Articles Regarding
Very Wealthy Individuals and Organizations Expressing Alarm
About Climate Change
– BlackRock chief Larry Fink is warning that the financial risks of climate change are bigger than any crisis he’s experienced in his career on Wall Street.
– Fink, whose BlackRock has nearly $7 trillion in assets under management, used his annual letter to the world’s biggest companies to sound the alarm.
– BlackRock will put “sustainability at the center of our investment approach” — from portfolio construction to launching new investment products that screen fossil fuels.
2) Wash.Post Article: Moody’s Analytics says climate change could cost $69 trillion by 2100 by Steven Mufson, July 3. 2019.
3) Article: Goldman Sachs released a 34-page analysis of the impact of climate change. And the results are terrifying, Yusuf Khan, Sep. 25, 2019.
4) UN News article: COP25: Global investors urge countries to meet climate action goals, 9 Dec 2019
– The 2019 Global Investor Statement to Governments on Climate Change, signed by more than 630 investors who collectively manage over $37 trillion in assets, urged action that includes phasing out thermal coal power, ending subsidies for fossil fuels, and updating and strengthening nationally-determined contributions (NDCs) to meet the Paris Agreement.