New Business Opportunities in Hydrogen session at HBC’s Conference at HBC Conference 2020
- Raveel Afzaal, President, NextHydrogen. Video: Next Hydrogen Presentation
- Colin Armstrong, President and CEO of HTEC, Video: HTEC Presentation
- Alexandra Travasoli, CEO, Solistra Corporation, Video: Solistra Presentation
- Canon Bryan, CFO, Terrestrial Energy, Video: Terrestrial Energy Presentation
- Edward Stuart, Manager of Technology, Co-Founder, Hydrogen Optimized, Video: Hydrogen Optimized Presentation
- Juergen Puetter, CEO, Renewable Hydrogen Canada (RH2C). Video: RH2C Presentation
- Joseph Williams, President, Innovative Hydrogen, Video: Innovative Hydrogen Presentation
- Arthur Potts, True Energy, Video: True Energy Presentation
- Chris Reid, CEO, Ekona Power, Video: Ekona Power Presentation
- Calvin Johnson, Head of Commercial, Proton Technologies. Video: Proton Technologies Presentation
Link to video of Q & A session + Wrap-up (35 min.): Q & A Session
Link to a playlist of the complete NBOH session including introduction: Complete NBOH Session
Session Moderator: Paul Stevers, President & CEO of Think Renewables Group and Co-founder of ClimateSAN
Mark Kirby is President & CEO, of the Canadian Hydrogen and Fuel Cell Association. Mark is a seasoned chemical and clean technology executive with a decade of experience in the hydrogen and fuel cell sector. He has held leadership positions at Ballard Power Systems, where he managed the $100 million divesture of the company’s automotive fuel cell business to Daimler and Ford, as well as Questair Technologies.
Formerly President and CEO of Fortress Advanced Bioproducts, Mark laid the groundwork for a Canadian biorefinery demonstration project with over $30 million of government support. He also co-founded S2G Biochemicals where he was responsible for raising millions in government and private funding support while developing strategic partnerships to position the company’s technology for commercialization. In addition, he was responsible for integrating acquisitions and growing new global business for a $100 million division of Praxair. Finally, Mark currently serves as a member of the board of directors at HTEC. … and here is Mark.
Tyler Hamilton is Director of Ecosystem, Cleantech at MaRS. Prior to joining MaRS, Tyler spent two decades as a journalist and wrote extensively about Canada’s clean technology sector and global cleantech trends. Most recently he was editor-in-chief of business and sustainability magazine Corporate Knights. He also spent 13 years at the Toronto Star, where he reported on Canada’s energy sector and wrote a popular weekly column on clean energy technologies and trends. In 2011, Tyler authored Mad Like Tesla, a book that examines the various barriers to clean energy innovation and surveys the landscape of some potentially world-changing clean technologies. A recipient of the Cleantech Group’s “Pioneer” award for his early writings on the sector, Tyler was also recognized in 2016 on Canada’s “Clean50” list for his thought leadership on clean energy and climate issues.
Brian Petersen is a Managing Partner at Fort Capital Partners in Calgary, Alberta. He is a senior investment and merchant banker and consultant with experience in Canada, US and internationally in providing financial advisory services, capital market products and mergers and acquisitions advice for public and private companies. His experience includes senior executive roles in capital markets and finance and a member of various public company boards with roles on Audit, Governance and Special Committees.