Media Advisory Event on May 4, 2021 at 11 am about
Climate Trends, Expected Impacts & What Can Be Done?
along with introducing this conference: Impacts of Climate Change on Human Security: What Can Be Done?
To register for this event, visit: Register for the Media Advisory Event
A media advisory event will be hosted on May 4th at 11 am and be about the current climate warming trend, its expected impact on human security and what should be done to mobilize for this climate emergency. In addition, it will introduce our related conference, which is planned to be held on May 18th and 19th. This conference is entitled “Impacts of Climate Change on Human Security: What Can Be Done?” and can viewed at : csc.climatesan.org.
This pre-conference media advisory event, hosted by the Climate Solutions Advancement Network (ClimateSAN) in conjunction with the NATO Association of Canada (NAOC), will include:
- Moderator – Dr. Sweta Chakraborty, US Representative, We Don’t Have Time.
- Short animated video about the current climate warming trend that the world is on and what the world will be like if this trend continues.
- “How security experts can help ‘bridge the gap between believers and doubters’ ” by Prof. Michael Klare, Secretary for the Board of Directors for the Arms Control Association and Director of the Five College Program in Peace and World Security Studies (PAWSS).
- “Develop strategies with civil society (NGOs) to enable everyone to benefit from large-scale climate action” by Paul Stevers, Co-founder, Climate Solutions Advancement Network (ClimateSAN).
- “Highlights of the conference about climate, security, solutions and finance on May 18th and 19th” by Dr. Leif Rosenberger, Adjunct Scholar, Modern War Institute at West Point and Director of Education, Economics and Security Strategy at Climate Solutions Advancement Network (ClimateSAN).
- Welcomes everyone to the upcoming conference and also highlights the importance of increasing security though international cooperation by Robert Baines, President and Chief Executive Officer, NATO Association of Canada.
- Impacts of climate change on human security.
- Climate Solutions that can be implemented on a global scale.
- Glasgow Private Finance Accord (GPFA)
- The planned International Platform for Climate Finance (IPCF).
- The need for adoption of GPFA by the Parties attending the 2021 United Nations Climate Change Conference (COP26).