Climate Solutions That Can Be Implemented on a Global Scale
b) Energy Storage
c) Carbon Sequestration
Given below are two main carbon dioxide capture categories:
a) Artificial direct air capture, which removes carbon dioxide directly out of the ambient air.
b) Carbon capture storage, which removes carbon dioxide out of gases emitted from industrial processes.
There are several major initiatives by different organizations that outline what can and should be implemented to create a sustainable future for us all. For example, Project Drawdown created a master Table of Solutions that outlines a wide range of Climate Solutions, which includes a calculated emission reduction impact of these solutions if they were implemented in a way that they estimated to be plausible and economically realistic. Related information is provided in the reference section below.
B. Reference Section (Links to supporting information):
b) Video: 2040 Movie
c) Significant reports and articles relating to hydrogen:
- NRCan’s Draft “Hydrogen Strategy for Canada”
- The Future of Hydrogen, Seizing today’s opportunities, Technology report — June 2019 by International Energy Agency (IEA).
- Canadian Government announced $10B funding for cleantech by Global News, Oct 1.
- More than 1,500 companies with a combined revenue of more than $11.4 trillion committed to Net Zero by 2050 by EDF Business.
- Alberta announces plans to export hydrogen by 2040 by Reuters. Oct 06, 2020.
- Hydrogen Scaling Up by the Hydrogen Council, November 2017 – We envision a market for hydrogen and hydrogen technologies with revenues of more than $2.5 trillion per year, and jobs for more than 30 million people globally.
- The Hydrogen Boom Will Provide A $200B Boost To Wind And Solar Energy by OilPrice.com, 10/15/2020.
- Canada lags on hydrogen, Trudeau must pick cleantech winners: CEO by Yahoo Finance, 10/05/2020.
- Oil Giants Plan for a Future With Less Crude and More Hydrogen by Bloomberg News, 09/16/2020.
- Morgan Stanley: Green hydrogen could be economically competitive by 2023 by Institute for Energy Economics & Financial Analysis, 07/28/2020.
- The U.S. Is Backing Hydrogen Trucks With A New $100 Million Initiative by Oilprice, Oct 14, 2020.
e) BloombergNEF, which is a leading provider of primary research on clean energy
g) Climate Neutral Now, which is an initiative launched by UN Climate Change (UNFCCC)